Coming October 3rd: The 3rd annual "Sisters of the Moon" Witches Party to benefit the Center for Women and Children in Crisis. It's that getting that time of year again and our friends at "Sisters of the Moon" are getting ready for this year's charity event for the Center. A great Halloween experience, consider attending! Tickets can be purchased through the Sisters of the Moon facebook page.
Salt Lake City, Utah – In the first six months of 2015 there were 13 domestic violence related homicides in Utah; an average of two preventable deaths each month.
“We must remember, these are not just numbers, they are human lives. They are mothers, daughters, sisters and children whose lives should have been protected and saved,” said Chief Greg Butler, Woods Cross Police Department.
In a proactive attempt to prevent domestic violence related homicides in their community, in 2014, the Woods Cross Police Department received training and began utilizing the Lethality Assessment Protocol – an evidence-based tool that helps law enforcement and community professionals assess risk of serious injury or homicide by an intimate partner. Additionally, the Lethality Assessment Protocol (LAP) connects those at risk to local services.
More News and Events...
- UDVC in Washington DC: Advocates from Over 40 States Descend on Capitol Hill to Call for Funding and Legislation to Address Domestic Violence
- Take the Trauma Informed Services Assessment
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Utah declared by Governor
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) October 2014
- Registration for 23rd Annual Domestic Violence Conference is open!