The Utah Domestic Violence Coalition Conference is scheduled for October 28-30, 2013 at the Davis Convention Center located in Layton.
We are currently accepting proposals for conference workshops.
All abstract submissions must be received by July 8, 2013.
Notice of acceptance will be made the week of July 15, 2013.
This year's theme is Choose to Cherish: Survivors and Advocates. Please keep your proposals dedicated to the theme of the conference. Topics may include:
- Trauma Informed Advocacy
- Working with Underserved Populations
- Substance Abuse and Domestic Violence
- The Impact of Trauma on Children and Adolescents
- Leadership and Social Justice
- Coordinated Community Response
- Sexual Violence and Intimate Partner Violence
- Secondary Trauma and Self Care
- Mental Health and Resiliency
- Ethics in Practice
- Suicide Risk and Domestic Violence
< Submission Guidelines:
- All abstract submissions must be received by Monday July 8th, 2013.
- Include your workshop title, a brief description of the workshop, and at least three learning objectives.
- Workshops will be scheduled for a one hour and fifteen minute session.
- Please let us know if you are available to do the same workshop twice, repeating.
- Please let us know if your workshop is a double length presentation.(2 and half hours)
- Attach a brief bio and one copy of curriculum vitae for each presenter for the CEU approval process.
- Your current contact information including a current e-mail address and phone number.
- In the case of panel submissions, the lead presenter will sign a presenter contract upon acceptance approval.
- Notice of acceptance will be given out the week of July 15, 2013.
- Seeking accreditation from NASW, APA, and Certified Peer Specialists