The conference organizers are committed to making Utah’s annual Domestic Violence Conference accessible to people from resource-limited settings and communities, researchers, young people, community activists and civil society representatives.
Our funding for scholarships is limited to 10 spaces. The UDVC plans to notify award recipients no later than October 1, 2015.
Scholarships are limited to persons who:
- Are committed to improving their skills and knowledge
- Are committed to sharing the information gained at the conference with their organizations and allied professional colleagues when they return to their communities
- Cannot attend the conference without financial support
- Have sufficient other financial support to attend
Preference is given to persons who:
- Are survivors and advocates
- Have never before attended a UDVC conference
- Write a clear and compelling statement for attending the conference
Applicants that meet eligibility criteria will be reviewed by the UDVC Conference Planning Committee and recipients will be selected based on their application.
Deadline for applications is September 21, 2015.
Please complete this form to be considered for financial assistance through UDVC scholarship fund for the 2015 UDVC Conference held in Provo, Utah on October 28-30, 2015.
The Scholarship benefit is one scholarship for an individual, intended to cover conference registration. Meals are NOT included in the conference registration. Applicants should secure other funding to cover transportation, lodging, meals and incidentals. If you are awarded a scholarship, we ask that you commit to attending as you are receiving a slot that could otherwise go to other participants.