The UDVC web based training is in the process of being updated and moved to a new web platform. The current platform will be obsolete.
The web based training is still accessible through the UDVC website, however, individuals may have difficulty with the platform during periods of high traffic. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the office and we will be happy to try to problem solve with you.
We anticipate the introduction of the new platform in early 2013.
Current Web Based Training
UDVC offers a four-hour web-based training course titled “The Basics of Domestic Violence,” which is designed to explore the complex issue of domestic violence as it affects women, men, and children. Participants learn about power and control in relationships, the cycle of violence, barriers to leaving, and working with victims from diverse populations. This training is NASW approved for four (4) CEU hours.
Course Cost and Certificate of Completion
Once you've completed the course you can pay for your web-based training certificate through PayPal:
Minimum Technical Requirements
Before you begin the course, check your computer to ensure it meets the minimum technical requirements to run it error-free.
Access will be available to learners using computers with these minimum specifications:
- 256 colors
- 800 x 600 resolution
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher , Safari 1.2 (for Mac users)
- Windows Media Player 7.0 or higher (to view video components)
To register for the course and log on:
- Browse to the Registration page.
- Initiate your registration for the course by clicking “Register.”
- Provide your first and last name as well as your email address and other information in the fields provided.
- Choose your job title/agency and county from the drop-down menus.
- Please note that it is very important to fill out the registration completely and accurately to ensure your work on the course is properly recorded so you may receive a certificate.
- Click “Register.”
- You will automatically be issued a user name and password for the course. Please print this page for your records as we do not have access to your user name and password; once you leave this screen we cannot look it up for you if you lose this information.
- Register now.
If you are experiencing problems in accessing the web-based course, you can review the troubleshooting document.
Training Needs Surveys
Two separate surveys have been offered to community partners in order to obtain critical information on statewide training needs. The first survey was offered to Domestic Violence Shelter Programs in December 2012 and the second survey is available through February 1, 2013 for Local Domestic Violence Coalitions.
The information provided in both of these surveys will aid the review and development of future training curricula. In addition, diverse modes of delivery will be explored to increase training and education opportunities for advocates and others working with families experiencing domestic violence.